Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Final Frontier

On the Rebel Tribe’s final expedition they went to the Outer Banks.   We had a really fun time.  So on the Third day that we were there we went to the Veno’s beach house and had a cookout with them. Mrs. and Mr. Veno were very nice to allow us to come. They were very happy to see Chris again after three months. So were his siblings and his aunt and uncle.  We were glad to see Chris happy.  We had lunch with them. Then we went down to the beach and swam, dived, and bodysurfed in the waves. We played in the water for 2 ½ hours. Then the boys had a football game in the sand. It was windy so when the sand was picked up by the wind it stung when it hit you. I went inside after I was exhausted after playing in the water. I went inside and had a great conversation with Chris’s family. I loved their stories about young Chris. I also loved how they allowed us to share our stories.  While we were doing this the Veno’s  were making an incredible dinner with Chris’s grandfather. We all circled up and I explained how thank you circle went. I started the circle and then it went all the way around. Then we started eating and it was amazing. I personally thank the Veno’s for their hard work and patience. That was one of our best days. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Veno. This is from Alec Thompson and the Rebel Tribe.  We will see you in 5 days

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alec,

    It sounds like you all had a great time with the Veno Family. I am proud of what a gracious and appreciative young man you have become!
    Love you,
    Mom
    P.S. I hope you remembered to help with the dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete